Assignment 4: Budget and Justification (15%):
In previous assignments, you selected an agency with a project that requires funding and a funder to apply to. You have prepared the introductory material; now you will 1) Formulate a budget to accompany your application along and 2) Write a justification of the budget items and a budget overview (Summary).
Keep your budget and project costs reasonable and manageable in order to develop an accountable post-funding plan and project evaluation plan as part of your complete proposal in Assignment 6.
This assignment is based on course content you have covered in the Orlich & Shrope textbook (Chapters 1–6) and online webinars.
Read the assignment rubric to understand how it will be graded.
Use the Table 1: Budget editable PDF, and a Word document to complete this assignment.
1. Review work from previous lessons: introductory materials, demonstrated need/problem, methods, evaluation. Take note of instructor feedback and revise accordingly.
2. Read Orlich & Shrope, Chapter 6: “Calculating a Budget,” and consult the following for information and sample budgets:
a. Hurvid, D. (2013, June 5). Six tips for a solid grant budget. Imagine Canada.
b. Northern Development Initiative Trust. (2012, April 20). Grant writing workshop and proposal development webinar. [Video]. YouTube. Source: YouTube, Northern Development Initiative Trust CC BY 3.0
3. Working from an Excel spreadsheet, develop a budget for your project. Customize your spreadsheet, adding or removing budget items as necessary. OR you may use the Word file Table 1, OR build a spreadsheet using other software if you prefer. Note in the budget column which budget items are allowable according to funder guidelines.
4. Accompany your budget with a Word document presenting notes and justifications as demonstrated in in Lesson 7, Topic 2 and in Orlich & Shrope Chapter 6 and Appendix A.
5. Justify each budget item using a heading and a brief (1–3 sentences) explanation.
6. List the budget items justifications in the same order that they appear in your budget.
7. Note in the justification whether the budget item is allowable according to funder guidelines. For example, some funders will support project costs except for salaries. Note in the overview (summary) the total amount of your request to the funder. Often funders will contribute only partial funding for a project. For example, the Canada Council will often fund 50% of total project costs, leaving the applicant to find other sources or partners
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.