Answer all of the following questions/problems, and submit them to your mentor in a Word document. You should use a financial calculator and Excel to solve the problems.
Remember: You must export your table(s) from Excel to Word before submitting your work. Consult the Course Calendar for due dates.
Note: You will be able to use a financial calculator for your midterm exam, but Excel will not be available.
1. Write a short essay (150–300 words) discussing what finance is and what a market is discussing the different types of markets and the relationship between those markets that trade economic resources.
2. What is the difference between economic and financial capital?
3. Write a short essay (150–300 words) discussing opportunity cost in terms of the resources that are available to the entrepreneur in the decision making process.
4. Sam Smith is currently employed as a mechanical engineer and is paid $65,000 per year plus benefits that are equal to 30% of his salary. Sam wants to begin a consulting firm and decides to leave his current job. After his first year in business, Sam’s accountant informed him that he had made $45,000 with his consulting business. Sam also notices that he paid $6,000 for a health insurance policy, which was his total benefit during his first year. What was Sam’s opportunity cost?
5. A friend came into your office and said that his bank was out to kill small businesses. You asked him what he meant by this remark, and he said that he read an article that said his bank had just loaned $10 million to a major automobile manufacturer at a rate of 4 percent, which is less than prime. However, your friend just borrowed $50,000 from the same bank and they charged him prime plus three percent, or 7.5 percent. Your friend has been in business for two years, and last year he had a loss of $2,000. How can you explain this difference in interest rate to your friend?
6. Discuss why it is important for small businesses to develop a plan and how would you describe the role of a strategic plan and the role of a functional plan?
7. It is often said that a small business has unlimited liability because it is a sole proprietorship even if the owner incorporates.
8. Explain why you agree or disagree with this statement. Be sure to provide support for your statements.
The final project for this course asks you to develop a business plan for a fictional product or company based on a real industry. With this in mind what components of a business plan do you believe should be included in the plan of the product or company you may decide on? Justify your selection of elements.
9. Discuss the pros and cons of a partnerships and franchises for the small business.
10. Carol Jones wanted her business to increase sales by 50 percent over the next five years. To do this, she must hire three more people. She wanted to determine how to evaluate these people, so she lists their job specifications and develops job descriptions. She also listed where these employees would work and what training they would require. What management functions is Carol performing, and how do they apply to this scenario?
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.