Each student is assigned a company, an amount of debt to be raised, a coupon rate and a different maturity. Find your company in the attached excel file.
Your company is considering to issue $X amount of i % annual coupon bond with a n-year maturity. The firm anticipates an increase in its bond rating. Your boss wants you to determine the gain in the proceeds of the new issue if the issue is rated above the current company’s bond rating. You will need to find the current rating of your company and the yield curve for this rating. To find the appropriate yield curve to use for your company you will need first to find the current US nominal Treasury yield curve (at www.treas.gov) and the Credit spread for your company. Follow the following steps:
1. Find the US Treasury Yield Curve and download it to excel
2. Find the current yield spreads for the various bond ratings. (you can use old ones or pay a fee to get the current ones at www.bondsonline.com or find another website that provides them for free. Show your ability to surf the Web. Download them to excel.
3. Find the current bond ting for your company (use either www.standardandpoors.com or at www.moodys.com/credit-ratings or at www.fitchratings.com) or other websites to find this information
4. Use the information about the credit rating and the credit spread (add the yield spread to the Treasury Spread) and graph on excel the Treasury yield curve as well as the yield curve that gives the spot rates for your company’s debt for different maturities.
5. In a new excel sheet, create a timeline with the cash flows to be paid periodically to the bond holders. Use the spot rates to calculate present value of the cashflow stream and compute the issuing price of your company’s bonds as we learned in bond valuation.
6. Calculate the issuing price if your company’s credit rating improves by one level.
7. Calculate the YTM with the current rating and the YTM with the improved rating.
8. How much additional Cash can the company raise from the issue if the rating were improved
Should corporations work on improving their debt rating?
Every student have different amount to be raised, interest rate, and maturity. In this case my values are:
Amount to be raised: 111,000,000
Interest rate: 10%
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.