Choose a video concert from National Public Radio’s Tiny Desk Music and write a 3-5 page (minimum 3 FULL pages) review. Include relevant technical vocabulary and discuss the music performed, your impressions of the music, the instrumentation, the performers, and any other aspect of the performance. Use your writing skills and listening knowledge learned from the online lectures/demonstrations and your e-Text to create a paper that is clear, concise, and musically informed. Aside from technical observations, remember that this is an opinion-based paper. Feel free to give your opinion on the music and performance, but always state why you like or don’t like something using the knowledge you’ve learned in class.
Once you finish reading through the requirements, please also take a moment to review the grading rubric at the bottom of this page.
NPR keeps an archive of their Tiny Desk Concerts. You can access these on their website, or via their YouTube playlists:
• Tiny Desk Concerts on NPR.org (Links to an external site.)
• Tiny Desk Concerts YouTube playlists
Format (10 points)
• Times New Roman size 12 font
• Double-spaced paragraphs (not your document header) and a minimum of 3 full pages
• Margins set to 1” on all four sides
Spelling/Grammar (10 points)
• Proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation are required for university-level writing.
• Organization: Your paper must follow a logical flow and be well-organized.
Artist Information – 1-2 paragraphs (30 points)
• Brief biographical information on the artist or group
• Description of their musical style/genre
• Discography (a selected discography is appropriate if the band has numerous records)
Review of Concert (remainder of paper – 50 points)
• Appropriate use of musical terminology
• Titles of songs performed
• Description of the musical elements (tempo, dynamics, articulation, timbre, etc., referred to as “key features” in the rubric)
• Your general impression/opinion of the performance
Citations – failure to include citations will result in a deduction of points.
• Write in a formal, academic style with proper citation of sources. You may use any citation style you prefer (MLA, Chicago, etc.) but please be consistent.
◦ All outside sources should be properly cited according using footnotes or endnotes (your quoted material must be acknowledged in-text). Please also provide a bibliography.
Only .doc, .docx, and .pdf files will be accepted. The system will not allow you to submit files saved under any other extension. Should you need to use a University computer to make this happen, there are plenty of labs available for your use.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.