In lecture we have discussed a variety of sources of land/soil pollution that can have
devastating impacts on both the environment and human health. Many of these events have
been documented in media proceedings, scientific journals and in textbooks. In this
assignment, you will investigate a specific land/soil pollution event that happened globally
and create an academic poster to display your research.
• Enhance skills of searching through primary literature
• Critically evaluate sources for accuracy and relevancy
• Enhance understanding of land/soil pollution via independent research
• Communicate the science behind a pollution event in a visual and creative format
Create an Academic Poster
An academic poster is a visual way of communicating information to a scientific community.
Not only does it have to be scientifically accurate and informative, but it also has to grab the
audience’s attention and convey the research in a clear and compelling way. Academic
posters are unlike conventional posters; while they are still a creative visualization of
research, they are scholarly, formal and well-referenced. Academic posters are a mixture of
text, tables, graphs, pictures and other presentation formats.
In this assignment, you are asked to research a land/soil pollution event that occurred
globally within the past 10 years (i.e. 2010+). From your research, you should be able to
answer the following questions:
• Where did the event occur? When did it occur?
• What was the source of the pollution event?
• What were the major environmental impacts? Are the impacts short-or long-term?
• What were the major human health impacts? Are the impacts short- or long-term?
Once your research is complete, you need to design an academic poster to highlight your
findings. Your poster needs to be clearly and logically laid out using both headings and subheadings. Example headings your poster can include are:
• Results and Discussion
• References (cited in APA format)
• Your poster will be created on a single slide in Microsoft PowerPoint (or a similar
software). The slide size must have a width of 120cm and a height of 90cm (to change
the size of the slide, click on “Design” → “Side Size” → “Page Setup” → select “Slide
sized for: Custom” → input a width of 120cm and a height of 90cm)
• Make sure your poster is organized into headings/subheadings necessary
• Your poster should read from top left to bottom right (like you are reading a page)
• Carefully select your font colour and background colour (consider a light background
and a dark font for best visibility)
• Do not use a font size smaller than 18 (although titles and headings should be larger)
• Include a visually appealing mixture of text and graphics in your poster
• All references must be cited in APA format
• Save your poster as a PDF and submit to the link provided on eClass by December 4
@ 11:59pm (late submissions will receive a penalty of 10% per day including
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.