For the Black Swan Movie assignment, you will first view the film in its entirety this week. Pay attention to the details you see in the behavior of the main characters, Nina and her mother, as well as the auxiliary characters. I would even suggest that you make notes as it goes, remembering to view it from a psychological lens.
If you have already seen the movie previously, please watch it again from the point of view of our class. I promise, new things that you may have overlooked before will pop out! I have seen this movie dozens of times and I still find myself noticing subtle nuances.
How/where to view the movie
The movie can be viewed for free on one of the following platforms, either directly or with a “trial” week. You also may already subscribe to some of them and already have access to it. To access one please click on the link(s) below.
Assignments to complete:
The next step is to answer the questions for the Black Swan Psychological Film Analysis assignment.
Black Swan Film Analysis Questions
After you have completed the questions, you can move on to the last part of the assignment, the diagnosis!
BLACK SWAN PSYCHOLOGICAL FILM ANALYSIS
(2010 Drama/Thriller – Actors: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis; Directed by: Darren Aronofsky)
Black Swan Movie
*image adapted from https://thescriptlab.com/features/main/7609-first-ten-black-swan/
1. hi In the movie The Black Swan, the lead character, Nina Sayers, is a professional ballerina with the goal of landing the lead in the upcoming ballet “Swan Lake”. How do you imagine the life of a ballerina? List at least 5-10 vocabulary words that come to mind in semantic web form (bubble map).
2. Have you ever been so dedicated to your work that other areas of your life have suffered? And would you agree, that in order to achieve excellence in your craft a certain amount of suffering is necessary? Explain.
3. Identify which disorder(s) you believe Nina Sayers exhibits. Did the movie portray the symptoms of the disorder accurately? Explain the symptoms in detail and provide examples from the movie.
4. If the disorder(s) was misrepresented in the movie, discuss the inaccuracies that you viewed. How could this possibly be misleading to regular movie-goers? Is there another more appropriate diagnosis you would give? Why?
5. How much of Nina’s mother’s emotional manipulation was real? What do you believe the root cause of the presence of this is?
6. Does Nina die in the final scene of The Black Swan?
7. Does Lily actually exist or is she a figment of Nina’s imagination? Explain using examples.
8. What does the Black Swan symbolize? What does the White Swan symbolize?
9. Do you believe most of us have a dichotomous existence within ourselves? How does this dual presentation of selves remain within functioning limits? What is healthy vs. what is unhealthy?
10. How do you believe the way the movie was filmed added to its intensity or helped the viewers understand the deeper meaning?
Black Swan Diagnosis Assignment
Here you will be using all you have learned in Chapter 16 to assess and come up with a probable diagnosis for the characters. Please read through the directions carefully and make sure to answer all the sections.
All three (3) assignments (Questions, Diagnosis, and optional Extra Credit Notes) are DUE on the same day, Saturday, December 5, 2020 by 11:59pm. No late submissions will be accepted.
“Diagnose Nina, Erica and a wildcard character of your choosing. Support your chosen diagnosis with explanation and evidence. “
Extra Credit Opportunity!
For help keeping track of your notes feel free to use this note tracker, Black Swan Notes.pdf. If you fill this out completely, details and all in every box, you can submit it for Extra Credit for a total of up to 5 points.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.