The outline has been provided just needs to be re-written into a reach search paper. Same topic as the outline and answer these following things in the paper:
For the final report you should also include suggestions on how to mitigate the risks and improve response capabilities. You may also include relevant charts, graphs, and other illustrations to support, supplement and/or clarify.
Thorough data collection for this exercise requires time. You should start data collection immediately in order to have enough time to collect, synthesize and report on the data.
Some possible resources for data include:
· Emergency management web sites of the community the students have selected.
· Police and fire websites.
· Their local emergency management department. Often communities of size have an emergency management department. In smaller communities it is often the fire chief who is the designated emergency manager.
· The community’s Streets Department or Traffic Engineering Department.
· Local utility companies.
· Other internet sources.
Outside readings for this project include:
· Your text
· The Hazard Mitigation Planning Template itself is a great source of information.
· The Hazard Mitigation Planning Tools and Techniques Guide, Download here.
· The community’s planning department.
· The community’s budget department.
You must remember when doing the exercise to also consider surrounding communities because their disasters can also affect your community and become your responsibility. Consider industrial manufacturing using toxic substances, military bases, large scale utility sites, etc. that may be close by. This exercise is a chance for you to develop a mitigation plan for the community you have chosen.
View this exercise as if you are the newly appointed emergency manager of the community. Prepare a written report to the governmental entity to which you are accountable, i.e. city council, county board of supervisors, or other legislative bodies. Prepare a thorough report to provide to them as part of your first meeting with this group. The report should be thorough, professional, and audience appropriate. The report can also include charts, graphs, and other illustrations for clarification.
The final document must comply with the writing guidelines established for this course. It will be a minimum of seven (7) pages, not including the cover and reference pages. A thorough exercise, particularly one including charts and graphs, will exceed this minimum by several pages. The students must include in-text citations indicating where they obtained data and information. Also they must remember to support their findings and recommendations with references from relevant sources.
Hazard Mitigation Plan Outline
· The community’s disaster history.
· What is mitigation and why is a mitigation plan necessary?
· How was the plan prepared?
· How did you obtain your information?
· The goals and objectives of the mitigation plan?
2. Community and Hazard Exposure Profile (part 2 of the template)
· Community population
· Miles of roads
· Manufacturing plants
· Military bases
3. List of possible community hazards (part 1 of the template). For each hazard discuss:
· Hazard description
· impact on property
· Impact on safety and health
· Any other community considerations
4. Hazard Vulnerability analysis and frequency chart (part 3 of the template)
· Explanation of a hazard vulnerability analysis
· Your chart or list matrix
5. Your community’s capability assessment (part 4 of the worksheet)
· Community response capabilities
· Description of local law enforcement response capabilities (size, capability, etc.)
· Description of local fire agencies and response capabilities
· EMS capabilities, ambulance services, hospitals, etc.
· Physical resources
· Technical resources (example: early warning systems)
· Information resources (radio, TV, etc.)
· Financial resources (emergency funds in the community, grants, state funds, etc.)
6. Recommended Mitigation Measures (part 5 of the template). For each measure include information such as:
· Objectives supported
· Who is responsible
· When must it be done
· Who can help
· Their overall assessment of response capabilities
· Their recommendations for implementing priority mitigation projects for the community
· Their overall assessment of the community’s vulnerability and response capabilities
8. Any additional charts, graphs, illustrations, etc.
· They may include charts, graphs, and illustrations in the mitigation plan itself to assist with clarification and explanation. They must remember to include source citations if they copied items and/or for the information provided in the item if they created the chart or graph.
9. Cover page and reference page
· The cover page and reference page must be included. Remember these pages are not to be counted as part of the seven (7) page minimum.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.