1. Discuss the genre/form of music and point out the different technical aspects of the piece. For instance, what kind of instruments are used in a particular work and how does the composer write for them? Or what kind of drama or musical narrative does this music create? (Creative metaphors for explanation are welcome!) Students are highly encouraged to incorporate the terms that are discussed during lecture.
2. Compare two recordings of the work. YouTube links for different recordings will be provided in CANVAS under PAGES. You are more than welcome to use alternate recordings that are not listed. Please indicate the ensemble that is performing. For the comparison, discuss what you notice is different in the sound and interpretation of each recording. Examples of differences might be: The tempo (speed) of the performance. The clarity of different instruments. Certain players emphasize parts more than others.
3. Provide personal commentary on the work. What did you enjoy from listening to the piece? (Or potentially did not enjoy?) Did you have a new musical experience from listening to this piece?
listen to one of the listed songs:
– Gustav Mahler – Symphony No. 2 “Resurrection” – Movement I: Allegro Maestoso
– Gustav Mahler – Symphony No. 2 “Resurrection” – Movement V: FINALE
– Florence Price – String Quartet in A minor – Movement II: Andante Cantabile
– Florence Price – Symphony No. 1 in E minor – Movement 1: Allegro ma non troppo
– Dmitri Shostakovich – Piano Trio No. 2 – IV. Allegretto
– Dmitri Shostakovich – Violin Concerto – Movement III: Passacaglia
– William Grant Still – Symphony No. 1 “Afro-American” – Movement 1: Longings. Moderato Assai
– William Grant Still – Ennanga – Movement I
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.