The purpose of this Ethical Problem Solving Paper is to provide you with an opportunity to apply what you have been learning in this course to an ethical dilemma you have noticed in a business problem. It is intended to be a case on which to consciously use the ethical process you have tacitly developed.
In this paper, you must identify all aspects of the dilemma with evidence of relevant contextual factors. Assume the reader does not have a good grasp of the circumstances and consequences involved in the problem.
Further, the paper must identify and use at least three approaches to resolve the dilemma:
1. Catholic social teaching
2. Business ethics
3. The theory/methodology of your choice from consequentialism, deontology/duty theory, or virtue ethics.
At least two solutions to the dilemma should be proposed, one of which must be in harmony with Catholic social teaching (as expressed in A Catechism for Business: Tough Ethical Questions and Insights From Catholic Teaching). The solutions must be evaluated and supported by detailed explanations. All solutions must be evaluated against Franciscan Values.
Finally, you must support what you see to be the optimal solution. Explicitly state why it was chosen. If the dilemma chosen arises during your internship, and you are able to implement the optimal solution, you should describe the implementation of the solution and the possible consequences of the implementation. If you are not able to implement your proposed solution, discuss what you consider the possible consequences might be had it been implemented.
For the paper, you will:
Assume you are the ethics expert.consulted by the employer, judge, clinic director, or legislator who is most directly involved in making the central decision in this case. (Credentials? You are taking this class!) You are consulted as to your moral/ethical opinion to resolve the dilemma, not just as a management consultant nor as a witness to the facts, to legal status, to participants’ motives, and so forth.
In your analysis, be sure you go through all six of the following steps:
1. Identify all morally relevant facts (and unknown relevant facts).
2. Identify all sets of competing values. What issues exist, and what conflicts of value do they involve?
3. Identify all potential action options. What choices can be had?
4. State your position directly, clearly, completely, and very briefly (one sentence should suffice). Your position will identify which value(s) should be sacrificed so that some other value(s) will be preserved.
5. Give your rationale: the entire set of reasons for the position. This includes everything that justifies preferring one value to another in each conflicting set of values.
6. Consider potential objections to your position honestly and respond fully to them.
Your opinion is important for reflecting on the parts of the dilemma. Your position and rationale must move beyond opinion to supporting evidence, principles, and valid argument structure.
Expectations for the paper:
· Clarity, completeness, and cogency are important assessment criteria. Whether you agree with me and the class as to your conclusion or your ethical conflict resolution process is not a grading factor. Don’t assume the reader can “read between the lines.” Be clear and complete. The reader should not have to “second guess” your intent, reasons, and so forth.
Since all our papers are written from scratch, the papers we submit are plagiarism free and we strictly adhere to lecturer’s instructions. Our writers are highly qualified from all over the world and include graduates and professors from most of the largest and known universities in the world. Once you have assigned us your assignment, we select the most qualified and reliable writer to handle your assignment.
Unlike other writing companies, we encourage clients to draw back their money at any stage of the writing process if they experience any uncertainties with the quality of generated content. However, you will hardly have to make this decision because of our business approach that suits your needs.
We have an advanced plagiarism-detection system that flags any work that fails to meet the required academic expectations. Our company thrives in honesty, and as such, you will be guaranteed to achieve a paper that meets your expectations.
At homeworkpaper.org we have online agents that you can chat with to have your assignment taken care of with the little remaining time. Also, we have professional academic writers who will work on your assignment providing you with a high-quality paper at the same time. We can take care of your urgent assignments in less than 5 hours.
We uphold confidentiality and privacy through our interactions with clients, an aspect that has enhanced our relationship with prospective customers seeking for assignment help. We do not disclose your information with third-parties; neither do we share your work with any other person apart from you.
We do not resell previously-done tasks delivered to other clients. When we deliver orders to our clients, we safeguard their privacy and confidentiality by ensuring the third party does not access the work. By writing the papers from scratch, we have managed to maintain a certain level of originality, which defines our business model. Our qualified editors proofread all submitted work to eliminate mistakes that can interfere with the credibility of the assignment.